Maintenance of Laboratory Instrumentation
The service includes, but is not restricted to, the following list of instruments.
- UV/VIS, IR, Fluorescence, AA spectrophotometry
- Radiation counting
- Low-speed preparative centrifugation
- Clinical centrifugation
- Particle counting
- General laboratory measurement instrumentation, e.g., pH, physiograph, recorder, etc.
- Environmental maintenance instrumentation, e.g., growth chambers, incubators, waterbaths, shakers, etc.
- Refrigeration, low temperature incubators, freezers and ultralow freezers.
- General mechanical laboratory equipment, e.g., vortex, stir, hot plate, etc.
- Microscopes (technicians factory trained)
- Balances (technicians factory trained)
- Audio/visual (excluding office equipment)
BSF maintains an extensive stock of replacement supplies for use with general laboratory instrumentation.
- Instrument lamps
- Recycled printer toner cartridges
BSF provides assistance in instrument development allowing for current time constraints. Development is defined as either modifications to in-house equipment which would make that instrument unique, or construction of a unique instrument not currently available from the marketplace.